TAKING A BREAK

All photos taken with iPhone 6 for my Instagram.

Between manically figuring out what needs to be done before the website launches and surviving the winter blues, I started realizing that taking a break is always good, though it doesn’t always seem so when the pressure is on. Don't feel guilty that there are still things to get done (there will always be something). 

If you are having a stressful day - week - month take a break. If you are lucky, you can go on a vacation or a weekend getaway; most of us only have a day or literally a chance for a 15 minute break. For those who can't just take a vacation, I recommend you put aside time for yourself if possible everyday, or at least once a week to relax. Reading, listening to something you are interested in, writing down thoughts and feelings in a journal are easy ways to keep stress levels down. Above all breathing and being conscious of your breath. A good candle and aroma therapy helps to relax as well. All of these small habits will make you feel refreshed and ready to take on another day and week. This way, hopefully you won't grow exhausted, overwhelmed or overworked. I do all the above and I am working on my breath awareness. What are your tricks to deal with being busy or stressed?  

Comments

  1. Writing lists keeps me feeling less stressed when busy! Always nice when I can cross something off, also something relaxing like a good movie at the end of the day is always nice and rewarding ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. breathing and being conscious of breath is the best advice on relaxation I've ever got. when I get stressed I have to withdraw from the crowd and people in general and just be alone with myself only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pics!!
    xoxo
    https://www.donkeycool.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. During the week I take a break while eating. I always reserve about 30 min for having a meal or even a snack. I put on one of my favourite tv series and turn off the phone and social media. After I finish eating I drink black or herbal tea. It gives me a lot of energy to get back to work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment